As a Google Ads agency, we understand the value of this platform in driving traffic and conversions for our clients. One way we help our clients improve the effectiveness of their campaigns is by using extensions. In this post, we’ll discuss what extensions are, the different types available, and the benefits of using them in Google Ads campaigns.
First, let’s define what we mean by “extensions.” In the context of Google Ads, extensions are additional pieces of information that can be added to your ad, providing valuable information to potential customers and helping to improve the performance of your ads. There are several different types of extensions available in Google Ads, including:
- Sitelink extensions: These extensions provide links to specific pages on your website, allowing potential customers to quickly access the information they’re looking for. For example, if you’re running an ad for a clothing store, you could use sitelink extensions to link to your sales page, your sizing guide, and your shipping and returns policy.
- Callout extensions: Callout extensions allow you to add short, descriptive text to your ad. These can be used to highlight specific features or benefits of your product or service, such as free shipping or a money-back guarantee.
- Structured snippet extensions: Structured snippet extensions allow you to provide a list of specific items or categories related to your product or service. For example, if you’re selling furniture, you could use a structured snippet extension to list the types of furniture you offer, such as “sofas,” “chairs,” and “tables.”
- Location extensions: Location extensions provide the address and phone number of your business, allowing potential customers to easily find and contact you. These extensions can also include a map and directions to your location.
- Call extensions: Call extensions allow potential customers to easily call your business directly from your ad. This can be especially useful for businesses that rely on phone orders or consultations.
- Price extensions: One of the most useful types of extensions available in Google Ads is price extensions. These extensions allow advertisers to display the price of their products or services directly in their ad, providing potential customers with detailed pricing information and increasing the relevance and usefulness of the ad. Price extensions are available in a few different formats, including service prices, product prices, and sale prices. Using price extensions can increase the visibility and relevance of your ad, leading to increased conversions.
So, why should you use extensions in your Google Ads campaigns? Here are just a few of the benefits:
- Increased visibility: Extensions can help your ad stand out from the competition by providing additional information and making it more prominent on the search results page.
- Better ad performance: Extensions can help improve the performance of your ads by providing relevant and useful information to potential customers. This can increase the likelihood that they will click on your ad and ultimately convert.
- Greater control over your ad: By using extensions, you have more control over the information that is displayed in your ad, allowing you to highlight specific features or benefits of your product or service. This can help to improve the effectiveness of your ad and drive more qualified traffic to your website.
Additionally, using extensions can help to increase the relevance of your ad to potential customers, which can improve your ad’s Quality Score. This can result in lower costs for your campaigns and higher ad placement on the search results page.
Overall, using extensions in your Google Ads campaigns can provide numerous benefits and can help to improve the performance of your ads. By providing additional information and making your ad more prominent and relevant, extensions can help to drive more qualified traffic to your website and increase the likelihood of conversions.